(ARP) ACT ESSER III – BUDGET – MAY 26, 2021
As a part of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act ESSER III, Habersham County Schools has received an initial budget of $7,651,737 in federal funds. The school system is required to create a plan for spending the federal funds aligned to the allowable use of funds from the state and federal levels. When the American Rescue Plan application is approved, the school system will receive the remaining allocation of $3,825,868. All expenditures within the budget are subject to approval at the local and state levels. Habersham County Schools tentatively plans to use the ESSER III funds in the following ways.
- Additional classroom teachers K-12 to reduce class size and/or work with small groups of students
- Additional paraprofessionals in 1st and 2nd grade to work with students on literacy and numeracy skills
- Curriculum materials to support remediation programs in literacy
- Additional pay for nutrition workers, custodians and paraprofessionals
- Additional technology devices and programs to support student learning
- Additional Parent Involvement Coordinators
- Professional Learning for teachers and paraprofessionals
- Summer tutoring and virtual learning for students
- Teachers, paraprofessionals, materials and transportation for extended summer programs
- Additional mental health professionals to support the emotional needs of K-12 students
- Nurse salaries
- Additional school buses
- Additional middle school remedial teachers to work with students on math and reading/ELA skills
Please give us your comments by using the form below.